02 Jan What to Expect in Your First Visit
1. Have a good sleep the night prior and a nourishing snack or light meal before coming to each treatment as best as possible. Come wearing loose, comfortable clothing. Bring your most recent medical lab reports, if you have any and they are easily accessible.
2. Arrive 10-15 min. prior to scheduled appointment time to fill in consultation and consent forms. Or download and bring in completed forms.
3. Dr. Ling listens as you describe the symptoms that brought you in.
4. Inquiry into your whole health: sleep, diet, bowel movement, urine, stress level/emotions, lifestyle, period and delivery history (for women), past health and medical history and any other health concerns you may have.
5. Inspection of Tongue and palpation of Pulse.
6. TCM diagnosis made. Dr. Ling explains this because your understanding of how all your symptoms are connected is vital to developing continuity of your vibrant health.
7. Dr. Ling makes suggestions for you to apply at home or work to improve your health. Your active participation is vital to your own well-being. It will be in your best interests to apply these recommendations once you go home. The intent is to involve you in cultivating your vibrant health so there is less dependence and less visits required to see a doctor.
8. We discuss treatment options, treatment plan, number of expected sessions, and over what length of time (#1 – 8 takes approx. 30 min).
9. Start first session of treatment plan (takes approx. 45 – 50 min).
10. Dr. Ling makes a follow-up phone call to you within several days after your first visit.
Find out answers to Frequently Asked Questions.